Tuesday 3 January 2023

Tristan Wins The Subway Hangover Cup



Congratulations to Tristan Scott Heyes on winning the New Years Day Subway Hangover Cup in Greenisland Working Mens Club. 

Tristan, the captain of the Rockets pool team, sliced through the field of quality players like a hot knife going through footlong Hearty Italian BLT.

Tristan met Rockets deputy captain, Rab Butler in the final. 


Tristan said, "I couldn't be more proud to have won this event - of all events. I am also delighted to see my apprentice, Rab Butler reaching the final.  I have been coaching him for a few years now and last year I carried him to a doubles victory in the Belfast league too.

I have wanted to win this event since its conception and can now say I am the Subway Champion."

Tristan bagged the top prize of £150 and more importantly the title of 2023 Subway Hangover Cup Champion.

Beaten Finalist Rab Butler lifted £80.

Semi finalists Paul Harris and Paul Watters lifted £40 each.